- What to do about these Miami Hurricanes? Even during their darkest hours they've always had a respectable defense. This season could have been a statement, but in their last two games that reliable defense faltered, culminating in a fall from a brief stay in the rankings, a chance at the ACC championship game, and Saturday's loss to the team that for all season was ranked last in their division. Its not so great to be a Miami Hurricane. [AP]
- The Canes will likely play in the Dr. Scholl's Deodorant Shoe Insert Bowl ...or the Emerald bowl in San Fran. We'll have to wait to find out. [Sporting News]
- In happier gridiron news the Dolphin's defense played a key role in their 16-12 victory over the Rams. [AP]
- There is a kosher meat shortage. [CBS4]
- The Rodonna Thanksgiving saga came to an end. A-Rod ate with his ex-wife and kids, but spent the evening with Madonna on Star Island. Meanwhile, Madge had dinner with her brother, Cristopher Ciccone, who had written a tell all book about her earlier this year. [E!]
- Hillary Clinton is officially going to be your Secretary of State. [Politico]
- Some Latinos are disappointed with Obama's cabinet picks so far, though. [Politico]
- "The American atrocities of Black Friday ... were so very American.
They weren't about race or religion or anything serious. They were
about discount shopping" [AOL Political Machine]
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.