- Your Miami Dolphins did it! Some how! Some way! They took their division, are heading to the play offs, and made the greatest season to season turn around in NFL history. Not only that but to get their they beat the Patriots, who last year came ridiculously close to joining the '72 Dolphins in perfect season lore. Then this week we beat the Jets. The team that ditched Pennington for Brett Favre, a man whose broken many of Dan Marino's records. This was the weirdest season ever, but it feels sooooooo good. [ESPN]
- Meanwhile, The Miami Hurricanes had a pretty meaningless bowl game against Cal. Which they lost, of course. [PBPost]
- What do Superintendent Alberto Carvalo and Tania deLuzuriaga have in common with Madonna and A-Rod have in common? They both made media gossip blog Gawker's prestigious "Best Sex Scandals of the Year" list. Congratulations to all involved. [Gawker]
- Two men were stabbed outside Metropolis Saturday morning. [Herald]
- Powerball is coming to Florida. As more states Join doesn't that make the odds of winning less? [CBS4]
- The AP's review of weird Florida news is lead by Ileana Ros-Lehtinen's Obama hang up. [MSNBC]
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.