- Your Miami Dolphins did it! Some how! Some way! They took their division, are heading to the play offs, and made the greatest season to season turn around in NFL history. Not only that but to get their they beat the Patriots, who last year came ridiculously close to joining the '72 Dolphins in perfect season lore. Then this week we beat the Jets. The team that ditched Pennington for Brett Favre, a man whose broken many of Dan Marino's records. This was the weirdest season ever, but it feels sooooooo good. [ESPN]
- Meanwhile, The Miami Hurricanes had a pretty meaningless bowl game against Cal. Which they lost, of course. [PBPost]
- What do Superintendent Alberto Carvalo and Tania deLuzuriaga have in common with Madonna and A-Rod have in common? They both made media gossip blog Gawker's prestigious "Best Sex Scandals of the Year" list. Congratulations to all involved. [Gawker]
- Two men were stabbed outside Metropolis Saturday morning. [Herald]
- Powerball is coming to Florida. As more states Join doesn't that make the odds of winning less? [CBS4]
- The AP's review of weird Florida news is lead by Ileana Ros-Lehtinen's Obama hang up. [MSNBC]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Fourth Man Pleads Guilty in Sean Taylor Murder, Sentenced to 30 Years
- Miami's Traffic Has Gotten Worse in the Past Year, Still Seventh-Worst in U.S.
- Killian High Stabbing Suspect Sued Former School Over Football Player Rape Allegations
- After Toxic Cleanup, Runaway Equipment Spoils Merrie Christmas Park Reopening