- Carlos Alvarez recommends that the county add 13 hybrid buses to its fleet. [SFBJ]
- The final words of the music teacher who killed his wife and two daughters: "I love you," spoken to the 16-year-old son he shot at but missed. [AP]
- Some British guy was having a marvelous time over here in Florida opening one fraudulent business after another until the feds indicted him today. [SFBJ]
- After a shutdown at Turkey Point, FPL demanded nuclear reactors be brought back online in 12 hours. The top nuclear operator thought that was unsafe, so he straight up quit. Now everyone is suing each other. [Herald]
- Fred Grimm thinks the sex offenders living under the bridge is hurting Miami's image. It's all about the tourism baby. [Herald]
- Charlie Crist hasn't lived up to his promise of restoring voting rights to felons who've paid their debt to society. The Governor also seems to be as prone to silly spelling errors as I am. [Defede/CBS4]
- Rep. Julio Robaina lost a key House position after a skirmish over a proposed cap on lawyers fees put him in conflict with accidental speaker Larry Cretul. [Herald]
- Dwyane Wade, you magnificent basketball player, you. The Heat beat the Boston Celtics, last year's NBA Champs, with a helpful 32 points from Mr. Wade. [TSN]
- I can't even find a link to an article, but the Miami Hurricanes' bats came alive in the 5th inning last night with a series of home runs that led to a 11 to 6 win over Pitt.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Erika Now Projected To Miss South Florida
Fri., Sep. 4, 11:30am
Fri., Sep. 4, 6:35pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 11:30am
Sat., Sep. 5, 7:00pm
- Miami's Latin Builders Association Calls Donald Trump "Repugnant," Pulls Gala From His...
- Micky Arison Teases Internet With Miami Vice-Style Heat Jerseys