- After admitting to the crime, 17-year-old Andy Rodriguez has been charged with one count of second-degree murder following yesterday's fatal stabbing at Coral Gables High. Students will return to school today, many wearing black. [WSVN]
- The Herald's Myriam Marquez wrote a column that was basically, "Yo, Carlos Alvarez, I'm really happy for you and I'm going to let you finish, but Manny Diaz had one of the best mayoral runs of all time!" Former Herald columnist Jim DeFede thinks it's just about the worst thing he has ever read and had to physically stop himself from vomiting. [CBS4]
- The Diaz-Balarts think the censure of Joe Wilson is "an attempt to divert public opinion away from the dismal failures of this congressional majority and the administration." If you ask us, the public doesn't need much help diverting its own attention in this case. [NakedPolitics]
- The state has unvieled Twitter accounts for the Florida Division of Emergency Management and State Emergency Response Team, which actually could be quite smart. [Sun]
- Universal's Islands of Adventure is adding a Harry Potter island. [JustNews]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.