- The Heat lost their season opener to the Knicks! The Knicks? It is going to be a long season. [UPI]
- Cuban officials expect the next President to lift the embargo. [Herald]
- A secret communist who shared his toys in kindergarten and then sold the nation a whole bunch of Ginsu knives on the teevee last night was in Broward. [Sun-Sentinel]
- The Ft. Lauderdale Boat Show opens today, and the Herald used to most beautiful metaphor about staying afloat in a sinking economy. [Herald]
- A writer for The Huffington Post, who lived in Palm Beach, killed her former lover by 222 stabs of a screwdriver, and then killed her self. Sad. [PBP, Gawker]
- A couple may suit Arturo Sandoval over his dog. [NBC6]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Former Hurricane Brett Romberg Calls Jonathan Martin "a Piece of Garbage"
Thu., Sep. 3, 6:35pm
Fri., Sep. 4, 11:30am
Fri., Sep. 4, 6:35pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 11:30am
- There Are a Lot More Educated Young Women in Miami Than Men (Which Is Why You're Single)
- The Sane (but Sort of Lazy) Person's Guide to Early Hurricane Preparation