- Washington Mutual got jealous of all the attention Lehman, Merrill and AIG got yesterday. Its credit rating was cut to junk, and the bank may be sold to JPMorgan Chase. [Daily Mail]
- Yes, these bank failures can effect you. The Lehman Brother's collapse could have repercussions in the South Florida real estate market. [Herald]
- Tony Sparano is the saddest little coach in all of football. After the Dolphin's loss he didn't sleep, and instead spent all night in a dark room re-watching the game. [Herald]
- John McCain was in Miami yesterday. Whatever.[NBC 6]
- Four UM students were robbed at gunpoint at Sunset Place. Whatever. [Local 10]
- In case you didn't know, the Michael Hernandez case is seriously the most disturbing thing ever. The jury heard his taped confession, and the transcript is enough to make your bones chill. [Local 10]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- South Beach Tow's Bernice Named Florida's First Female High School Football...
Fri., Feb. 12, 7:30pm
Sat., Feb. 13, 6:00pm
Sat., Feb. 13, 7:00pm
Mon., Feb. 15, 7:30pm
- MLB Player Delmon Young Threatened to Kill a Brickell Valet, Went on Anti-Cuban Rant
- Poll: In Florida Rubio Moves to Second, While Sanders Remains Niche