- In the wake of the first hopeful results of a preventative HIV vaccine in Thailand, a researcher at the University of Miami is preparing to begin human trials for a new therapeutic vaccine that might help HIV-positive people fight the disease. [Herald]
- In order to give two unions more time to reach deals and hopefully avoid layoffs, the Miami City Commission decided to delay the final vote on the budget. [Herald]
- Take Back the Land is at it again, placing squatters at a waterfront pad in Coral Gables. The neighbors are none too happy. [NBCMiami]
- Joey Porter is dealing with a "hamstring tweak" that's limiting his play. [SunSent]
- WSVN will add two more half-hour news shows, further cementing its place as one of the more news-happy local stations in the nation. [Herald]
- No champagne in the champagne room: Miami Beach upholds its ban on alcohol in strip clubs. [TheLead]
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.