- Barack Obama, Grand Pontiff of the International Church of Hope and Changery, will be leading a rally at the University of Miami's Bank Atlantic Center today. Obama's website says all the tickets are gone (besides traffic and parking are going to be a NIGHTMARE), but Riptide will be there covering it for you. [Herald]
- Miami's largest public works program in decades got the green light from the State Supreme Court. The project includes a a port tunnel, a park, and a street-care system. The proposed Marlins Stadium also jumped over what is most likely its last legal hurdle. [Herald]
- Yesterday's CNN/Time poll showed Obama and McCain tied in Florida, with Obama winning when third party candidates were considered. Today's CBS poll shows McCain with a six point lead. Another new poll shows that 8 out of 10 American's heads will explode if they follow day-by-day polling too closely. [CBS 4]
- Jim DeFede got a hold of the contract the School Board will offer Alberto Carvalho. It's a three-year deal with a starting salary of $275,000. That'll buy a lot of hair gel.[CBS 4]
- Hey Ladies, A-Rod is officially back on the market. [CBS 4]
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.