News Round Up
- Bill Clinton dropped by Miami on Friday night and helped Kendrick Meek raise $300,000 for his Senate race. [Naked Politics]
- That thing we posted about the 2014 Governor's race already having front runners is legit. Boy wonder Republican Congressman Adam Putnam announced he'd give up his legislative seat and run for Agriculture Commissioner in 2010. [Ledger]
- What? A local former priest caught with dirty picture of little boys on his computers? Next you're going to tell me their are Republican politicians who vote against GLBT rights issues, but are secretly gay. [CBS4]
- Hundreds of people camped out all weekend in front of the City of Miami administration building hoping to land jobs as firefighters. [Just News]
- Miami City Commissioner Michelle Spence-Jones officially launches her re-election campaign. [Herald]
- Could Dwyane Wade be headed to the Knicks in 2010 with LeBron James? Maybe [NYPost]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Michael Pizzi Back in as Mayor of Miami Lakes After Wayne Slaton Steps Down
Fri., May 1, 6:35 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 1 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 5:35 p.m.
Sun., May 3, 1:05 p.m.
- Car Insurance in Miami-Dade Is 54 Percent More Expensive Than the Rest of Florida
- Marco Rubio: Gay Marriage Civil Rights Cases Are "Ridiculous and Absurd"