New Times' Five Best RNC 2012 Videos: High-Fives, Welsh Cake, and the H-Word
We asked the tough questions.
photo by Jacob Katel
All last week, New Times' own Jacob Katel and Victor Gonzalez dove headfirst into the $75 million dollar lake of fire that was the Republican National Convention in Tampa, all so they could ask the tough questions the rest of the media wouldn't. Should Jesus be on the dollar bill? What the F is a Welsh cake, and where can we get one? And most importantly, why won't you high-five us?
Click through for our five best videos from the convention floor.
5. The important questions: Should the president be deported? And should Jesus be on the dollar bill?
4. The hunt for Ann Romney's Welsh cakes: What the hell are they? And where can we get some? We asked Newt Gingrich, Michele Bachmann, and Jon Voight.
3. The "H-word": OMG, Mitt Romney just dropped an h-e-double-hockey-sticks in the middle of his speech! Would the god-fearing GOP delegates still support him after a salty conversation like that?
2. Paul Nation Walks Out: After getting bulldozed in their efforts to cast their ballots for Ron Paul, an army of libertarians walked out of the RNC. We were in the middle of it, asking the important question: Where were they walking to? And would there be shots there?
1. High-Five! After another serious day of president-pickin', can delegates and media alike can unite behind a good-old-fashioned high-five request?
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.