New Q Poll: Crist Is Popular, Extending Term Limits Isn't
Gather 'round, children -- it's time to discuss the latest results of the Quinnipiac University Poll!
- Floridians still love Charlie Crist. He has 66 percent approval ratings! That includes 66 percent of Democrats and 68 percent of Republicans. White born-again evangelicals like him enough (66 percent) but disapprove of him at the highest rate of 28 percent.
- But 54 percent of Dems would still vote against him in the governor's race.
- Seventy-nine percent oppose extending the term limits of state senators and reps from eight years to 12, because seeing a fresh bunch of people who are clueless on the finer points of legislative bodies and have to rely on staffers for the first few years for institutional knowledge until they get it is entertaining to us, apparently.
- AG Bill McCullom's numbers weren't affected by PSA-gate and held steady at 48 percent.
- Sixty-five percent of Floridians oppose cuts to Bright Futures, and most oppose changing the program's standards.
- Sixty-two percent support raising the cigarette tax, but 48 percent think it is unfair to smokers.
No talk about the Senate race this time.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.