More Jake Longy Goodness
Now that we have our first pick locked down, we can sit back, relax and analyze what we got in our man Jake Long. Never has game film for an offensive-lineman made me so excited. That's right. Excited. Boner city? Well, no, not quite. But excited nonetheless.
Oh, and a prediction before we move on: Armando Salguero is going to totally rain on everybody's parade and shit on this pick. You heard it here first.
* Meet Jake Long.
* Todd McShay breaks down Jake Long and calls him bigger stronger and more physical than Joe Thomas was last year. And says he'll be a Pro Bowler for years to come.
* John Clayton says the pick makes sense.
* Mel Kiper chimes in. "The Jumbo Elliot comparisons are real."
* Jeff Ireland says Jake was their guy from the beginning.
* Long's Combine highlights.
* Jake Long is happy to be here. "I'm a very nice guy off the field. But when I buckle on that helmet, I... I change." Shit yea. We just drafted Bruce Banner. Total badassery right there. Badassery of the highest order. Welcome aboard, Big Jake! -- Chris Joseph
For more on sports from Chris Joseph go to Finsnation.com.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.