Monestime Supporters Done Good
We've always dreamed of county commission meeting days when we wouldn't have to hear another "can I get a skinny minute" from Dorrin Rolle. We've been waiting for the Ghetto Governor to get kicked out of County Hall since we profiled him in 2006. As we do the electric slide over Rolle's political grave, a reader provides analysis on why he lost:
Five Reasons Rolle Lost:
- Haitian votes coalesced around Monestime.
- The three African American opponents in the August primary endorsed the Haitian American.
- Monestime had an easier time raising more money for the run-off than Rolle.
- Voters were angry at Rolle for running the James E. Scott Community Association into the ground.
- Monestime's campaign manager was Rolle's second-in-command during the 2006 election.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.