If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
We've always dreamed of county commission meeting days when we wouldn't have to hear another "can I get a skinny minute" from Dorrin Rolle. We've been waiting for the Ghetto Governor to get kicked out of County Hall since we profiled him in 2006. As we do the electric slide over Rolle's political grave, a reader provides analysis on why he lost:
Five Reasons Rolle Lost:
- Haitian votes coalesced around Monestime.
- The three African American opponents in the August primary endorsed the Haitian American.
- Monestime had an easier time raising more money for the run-off than Rolle.
- Voters were angry at Rolle for running the James E. Scott Community Association into the ground.
- Monestime's campaign manager was Rolle's second-in-command during the 2006 election.