Miami Women Aren't Particularly Picky, Claims Dating Site
Are Miami women willing to go out on a date with just about anyone? Real-life experience would point to no, but dating site AYI.com's data analysis claims Miami is in the top five cities for least picky women.
According to the site, it analyzed "453,000 interactions of single women between the ages of 18 and 99 and to discover locations where singles were the least likely to respond to online dating messages."
Brooklyn was the pickiest city, while Jersey City was the least picky. Miami came in second on the least-picky scale, joined by Saint Louis, Las Vegas, and Portland in the top five.
We have a few theories as to why women in Miami might be more willing to respond to messages than people in other cities. (Note: This data doesn't indicate how often these interactions lead to actual dates.)
- Have you actually tried dating traditionally in this town? It's a horror show, so maybe Miamians are a little more likely not to dismiss someone who sends them a message right off the bat by ignoring it.
- The site also claims that including the question "Where are you from originally?" in your first message elicits the highest response rate of any questions asked in online dating. Of course, whenever you meet anyone in Miami, the first question out of their mouths after "What's your name?" is likely to be "Where you from, ma?"
- Or maybe Miami men as a group are just so charming and dreamy that women can't help but respond to their online advances. OK, actually, probably not.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Facebook Killer Derek Medina Found Guilty
- St. Louis Rams Player Stedman Bailey Expected to Survive After Drive-By Shooting in...
- With Beckham's Little Havana Stadium Just About Dead, Overtown Could Be Next