Miami in the News
This weekend brought a flurry of Miami-related stories in newspapers around the world. Among them:
- The New York Times does Miami on a budget. The reporter and his wife spent $500.38 during a weekend making the rounds of the predictable (News Cafe, The Raleigh, Puerto Sagua) haunts.
- The London Independent's reporter reviews the bargain-priced Townhouse as a cheap accommodation on 20th Street on the Beach. This is a good article to send to your out-of-town friends and family.
- Le Monde Diplomatique from France assesses the possibility of change in the Cuban-American political ranks here in Miami. In English.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Harlem Suarez Planned to Blow Up Key West Beach in ISIS-Inspired Attack
Sat., Aug. 1, 5:35pm
Sun., Aug. 2, 1:05pm
Tue., Aug. 4, 6:35pm
Wed., Aug. 5, 6:35pm
- Miami Is the Most Expensive City in America for Millenials to Rent
- Miami Drag Queen Elaine Lancaster Pulled a Man From a Burning Car in Greece