Miami in the News
This weekend brought a flurry of Miami-related stories in newspapers around the world. Among them:
- The New York Times does Miami on a budget. The reporter and his wife spent $500.38 during a weekend making the rounds of the predictable (News Cafe, The Raleigh, Puerto Sagua) haunts.
- The London Independent's reporter reviews the bargain-priced Townhouse as a cheap accommodation on 20th Street on the Beach. This is a good article to send to your out-of-town friends and family.
- Le Monde Diplomatique from France assesses the possibility of change in the Cuban-American political ranks here in Miami. In English.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Bill Advances That Would Ban Red Light Cameras in Florida
Wed., Feb. 10, 7:30pm
Thu., Feb. 11, 7:00pm
Fri., Feb. 12, 7:30pm
Sat., Feb. 13, 6:00pm
- Facebook Killer Derek Medina Gets Life in Prison, Vows to Sue Entire World
- Marco Rubio's Friend Didn't Know About Gay Porn House, Site's Owner Says