Miami Heat Bans Gambling on Team Flights
In the aftermath of Gilbert Arenas of the Washington Wizards unloading a handgun in the team's locker room over a gambling debt, the Miami Heat have become the second team in the NBA to officially ban card games and gambling on team flights.
So now Heat players are left with lots of free time during road trips to fill. What are they going to do?
- They can hope that the proposal to put slot machines in at Miami International Airport goes through, and get their gambling fix out of the way before the flight takes off.
- You know, the Nintendo DS now comes in Heat colors. They could play Pokemon! Do you think Mario Chalmers is more of a Charizard, Bulbasaur or Squirtel kind of guy? We're betting Squirtel.
- Or they could get a Sega Genesis and play Pat Riley Basketball.
- Get on Twitter! Oh wait, that didn't work out too well for Michael Beasley
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- ISIS-Sympathizing Uber Driver Who Wanted to Kill Miamians Sentenced to Ten Years in Prison
Sat., Aug. 1, 5:35pm
Sun., Aug. 2, 1:05pm
Tue., Aug. 4, 6:35pm
Wed., Aug. 5, 6:35pm
- Harlem Suarez Planned to Blow Up Key West Beach in ISIS-Inspired Attack
- Miami Is the Most Expensive City in America for Millenials to Rent