Miami-Dade Democratic Chairman Booted by State Party
Just days after sending out a fiery letter calling for the resignation of Florida Democratic Party chair Karen Thurman -- a letter that made liberal use of his word processor's bold and underline features -- Miami-Dade Democratic chairman BJ Chiszar has been given the boot.
- He calls the University of Miami Democrats "rich little snobs."
- Describing a phone conversation with executive director Scott Arceneaux: "Mr. Arceneaux then proceeded to rudely insult me and tell me to shut up. As you can imagine, I let him have it and put him in his place real quick. I will not be spoken to by these scumbags like that! I can only assume that you wouldn't either!"
- He calls the founder of the Democratic Hispanic Caucus of Miami-Dade, Millie Herrerra, "a gadfly who lost to a complete unknown civil rights activist in the election for State Committeewoman and still cries herself to sleep every night about it."
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Miami's Latin Builders Association Calls Donald Trump "Repugnant," Pulls Gala From His...
Thu., Sep. 3, 6:35pm
Fri., Sep. 4, 11:30am
Fri., Sep. 4, 6:35pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 11:30am
- Micky Arison Teases Internet With Miami Vice-Style Heat Jerseys
- Critical Mass Rides Tonight in Memory of Fallen Cyclist and Ahead of Tropical Storm Erika