Maria Chrysson Arrested for Stealing Thousands of Dollars' Worth of Botox
In today's roundup of horrible news: A woman is arrested after being shot in the face with Botox needles and never paying, a tourist was shot in the face with a gun, and a teenage boy was shot in the head while his 1-year-old niece was shot in the foot in Liberty City.
Twenty-nine-year-old Maria Elizabeth Chrysson will do anything to stay beautiful, even if she has to break the law. The woman is accused of ripping off three local plastic surgeons of thousands of dollars' worth of procedures, including Botox.
In one case, she claimed to be a model who needed Botox and then walked out without paying. In another, she bounced a $1,000 check. She is believed to have ripped off about $4,300 in Botox.
She was arrested Monday night on three charges of grand theft, and the only modeling she was doing was for her mug shot. On her Facebook wall, though, Chrysson has been claiming not to be the woman dubbed "the beauty bandit" while posting links to stories about the crimes. [NBCMiami]
- A tourist was shot in the face along I-95 for no apparent reason. He was transported to the hospital, and the pregnant woman traveling with him was unharmed. [WSVN]
- In Liberty City, a teenage boy and his 1-year-old niece were shot. The boy, believed to be the target of the attack, took a bullet to the head while the little girl took one in the foot. Police believe the gunman is a 15- to 17-year-old male with dreadlocks. [WSVN]
- A group of 30 immigrants, believed to be from Cuba, arrived on Sandy Key early Monday morning. [NBCMiami]
- Former Miami Commissioner Miller Dawkins, who left office after being convicted of taking bribes and spent time in jail, has died at the age of 85. [CBS4]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
- Florida Might Remove Confederate Flag From State Senate Seal
Thu., Oct. 15, 7:00pm
Thu., Oct. 15, 7:30pm
Sat., Oct. 17, 12:00am
Sat., Oct. 17, 10:00am
- First Speaker of the House From Florida? Rep. Dan Webster Considered Dark-Horse Candidate
- Local Entrepreneurs Create New, College-Only Social Network