1. Calvin Harris - "Feel So Close"
2. Flo Rida - "Good Feeling"
Rubio really loses EDM purist points here for not picking the Avicii original, but we figure he wanted to get some hometown pride on the list and decided, "Whistle," Flo Rida's fifth grade innuendo ode to blow jobs, wasn't quite befitting of a senator.
3. Phillip Phillips - "Home"
We guess this gets point for being the least worst American Idol coronation song ever, which doesn't save it from being an American Idol coronation song in the first place.
4. Foster the People - "Pumped Up Kicks"
Come on Rubio, this is like so 2011.
5. U2 - "Where the Street Have No Name"
Rubio gets points here for picking a Joshua Tree-era U2 track here, before the band embraced their status as the world's premier dad rock band.
6. Matt Redman - "10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord)"
Obviously he's gotta make sure he pleases his Christian base.
7. Coldplay - "Viva La Vida"
Whoops, he just lost those early era U2 cool points for picking the world's premier U2 dad rock era cover band.
8. 2pac - "Change"
The sad irony of a Republican senator listing this as one of his favorite songs is almost too much. We wonder if he burned this track for every member of the Republican caucus, which member would have the realization "Wait, our policies are kind of racist" first.
9. Swedish House Mafia - "Don't You World Child"
It's only a matter of a time until pro-life circles take this up as a theme song.
10. Newsboys - "Stray Strong"
Another Christian rock song, which just makes me wonder why he forgot DC Talk's "Jesus Freak" (mostly because that's the only Christian rock song non-Christian rock fans even know).
11. The Script ft. Wil.I.Am - "Hall of Fame"
Nothing involving Will.I.Am is defensible.
12. Gary Allen - "Every Storm (Runs Out of White)"
Remember when Romney sources told the press Rubio wasn't going to picked as VP because they wanted a "boring white guy," and you were just sitting there thinking, "Wait, isn't Rubio a boring white guy?" I mean, he listens to Gary Allen.
13. Carlos Vives - "Fruta Fresca"
And here's the one reminder that Rubio isn't quite a boring white guy.
14. Pitbull - "Bon, Bon"
15. The Sugar Hill Gang - "Rapper's Delight"
16. Kanye, Big Sean + Jay-Z - "Clique"
This songs gets a lot less cool when you imagine Rubio listening to it while he's heading to the Capitol with Rand Paul and Jim DeMint to try and enact entitlement reform.
Follow Miami New Times on Facebook and Twitter @MiamiNewTimes.