Marco Rubio Backed By Most Ridiculously Conservative Sitting Senator
Hey now, not every Republican Senator is ready to warmly welcome Charlie Crist into his or her little club. Nope. Jim DeMint, the junior Senator from South Carolina, is ready to endorse Crist's fledgling primary opponent Marco Rubio, according to Politico, at least.
- Believes that openly gay people should not be allowed to teach in public schools.
- For that matter, he once told a reporter that single mothers who live with boyfriends shouldn't teach in public school either. He later apologized for both remarks.
- Thinks sending kids to public schools is about the same as signing them up for a gang. Again, he sort of apologized.
- Rated 7% by the NAACP, 0% by the HRC, and 7% by the ACLU
- Believes the visitor center at the US Capitol is full of left-leaning distortions of history, and an "offensive refusal to honor America's God-given blessings."
- Favors banning all forms of abortion.
- Opposes any stimulus money supporting, umm, bicycles or walking.
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Michael Pizzi Back in as Mayor of Miami Lakes After Wayne Slaton Steps Down
Fri., May 1, 6:35 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 1 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 5:35 p.m.
Sun., May 3, 1:05 p.m.
- Car Insurance in Miami-Dade Is 54 Percent More Expensive Than the Rest of Florida
- Marco Rubio: Gay Marriage Civil Rights Cases Are "Ridiculous and Absurd"