Marco Rubio Backed By Most Ridiculously Conservative Sitting Senator
Hey now, not every Republican Senator is ready to warmly welcome Charlie Crist into his or her little club. Nope. Jim DeMint, the junior Senator from South Carolina, is ready to endorse Crist's fledgling primary opponent Marco Rubio, according to Politico, at least.
- Believes that openly gay people should not be allowed to teach in public schools.
- For that matter, he once told a reporter that single mothers who live with boyfriends shouldn't teach in public school either. He later apologized for both remarks.
- Thinks sending kids to public schools is about the same as signing them up for a gang. Again, he sort of apologized.
- Rated 7% by the NAACP, 0% by the HRC, and 7% by the ACLU
- Believes the visitor center at the US Capitol is full of left-leaning distortions of history, and an "offensive refusal to honor America's God-given blessings."
- Favors banning all forms of abortion.
- Opposes any stimulus money supporting, umm, bicycles or walking.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Bill Advances That Would Ban Red Light Cameras in Florida
Thu., Feb. 11, 7:00pm
Fri., Feb. 12, 7:30pm
Sat., Feb. 13, 6:00pm
Sat., Feb. 13, 7:00pm
- Facebook Killer Derek Medina Gets Life in Prison, Vows to Sue Entire World
- Marco Rubio's Friend Didn't Know About Gay Porn House, Site's Owner Says