Man Shot in Head After Returning From Vacation and Finding Burglar in His House
A man and his family returned to their home on the 3600 block of NE Fourth Street in Homestead early this morning after a long vacation. They noticed it seemed like someone had broken in during the absence, but soon realized the burglary was actually in progress.
Caught in the act, the burglar shot the man in the head. He survived and was airlifted to a hospital in critical condition.
A SWAT team surrounded the house and caught the suspect, who is a minor believed to live near the area. [CBS4]
- New details in the burglary-turned-shooting earlier this week: The victim was 43-year-old Enrique Diaz, a father of four. Apparently, the burglars wanted his chain but decided to shoot him before they took it. [CBS4]
- Attorney General candidate Dan Gelber has left the law firm where he was employed after BP hired it. [Herald]
- Fifteen Haitians were sent back home after they were found a few miles offshore. [Herald]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Jeb Bush on Oregon Shooting: "Stuff Happens"
Sat., Oct. 17, 12:00am
Sat., Oct. 17, 10:00am
Sat., Oct. 17, 11:00am
Sat., Oct. 17, 6:00pm
- Moshe Mana Plans Development for Wynwood With 24-Story Towers and Convention Center
- Interactive Map Reminds Us Florida Has Always Been a Land of Caribbean Immigrants