Man Punches Baby in Face During Thwarted Kidnapping
In this morning's roundup of crime: A man punched a baby in an attempt to kidnap it and left it with fractured bones; a security guard runs over a "suspicious" man with a golf cart; another baby thought to have been kidnapped in Tennessee is found in Miami-Dade; and Cuban political prisoners arrive in Spain.
Anthony Williams has been arrested after trying to kidnap a 4-month-old baby. The crime happened around Quail Roost Drive and 125th Avenue in South Miami-Dade around 10:45 a.m. Sunday.
The child was with its mother when Williams punched it twice in the face and tried to run away with it. The baby suffered two fractured clavicles and facial injuries.
Williams is being held on $20,000 bond and is charged with aggravated child abuse and attempted kidnapping. [WSVN]
- Earlier this morning, a security guard in the warehouse district spotted a suspicious man on a bicycle with box cutters, so obviously the guard decided the best thing to do was to run him over with his golf cart. [WSVN]
- A baby kidnapped this weekend by his own father in Tennessee has turned up safe in Miami-Dade. [NBCMiami]
- Seven released Cuban political prisoners and their families arrived in Spain this morning. [CBS4]
- The man responsible for shooting a young girl and another man in Florida City has turned himself in. [CBS4]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Bill Advances That Would Ban Red Light Cameras in Florida
Thu., Feb. 11, 7:00pm
Fri., Feb. 12, 7:30pm
Sat., Feb. 13, 6:00pm
Sat., Feb. 13, 7:00pm
- Facebook Killer Derek Medina Gets Life in Prison, Vows to Sue Entire World
- Marco Rubio's Friend Didn't Know About Gay Porn House, Site's Owner Says