Lisa Garcia Turns Herself In For Doral Cop Hit-and-Run
Lisa Caridad Garcia turned herself in last night for hitting Doral police officer Carlos Alvarez. The accident happened around Southeast 35th Terrace near 102nd Avenue on Saturday night, when Garcia hit Alvarez's motorcycle head on, and kept going.
Garcia's motorcycle was demolished, but luckily he survived. He's forced to get around on crutches, and is recovering. [Herald]
- A Coral Gables man had to be rescued by the fire department after he somehow managed to get himself stuck in a tree. [WSVN]
- The Florida City church fire is believed to have been an intentional act, and five laptops were found to be missing. [CBS4]
- An American Eagle plane headed to the Bahamas had to make an emergency landing at MIA because the crew smelled something burning on board. [WSVN]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Florida Might Remove Confederate Flag From State Senate Seal
Thu., Oct. 15, 7:00pm
Thu., Oct. 15, 7:30pm
Sat., Oct. 17, 12:00am
Sat., Oct. 17, 10:00am
- First Speaker of the House From Florida? Rep. Dan Webster Considered Dark-Horse Candidate
- Local Entrepreneurs Create New, College-Only Social Network