Lisa Garcia Turns Herself In For Doral Cop Hit-and-Run
Lisa Caridad Garcia turned herself in last night for hitting Doral police officer Carlos Alvarez. The accident happened around Southeast 35th Terrace near 102nd Avenue on Saturday night, when Garcia hit Alvarez's motorcycle head on, and kept going.
Garcia's motorcycle was demolished, but luckily he survived. He's forced to get around on crutches, and is recovering. [Herald]
- A Coral Gables man had to be rescued by the fire department after he somehow managed to get himself stuck in a tree. [WSVN]
- The Florida City church fire is believed to have been an intentional act, and five laptops were found to be missing. [CBS4]
- An American Eagle plane headed to the Bahamas had to make an emergency landing at MIA because the crew smelled something burning on board. [WSVN]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Trio Who Stole 150 Pigeons From Kendale Lakes Farm Sought By Police
Tue., May 26, 6:35 p.m.
Wed., May 27, 6:35 p.m.
Thu., May 28, 6:35 p.m.
Fri., May 29, 1 p.m.
- All Aboard Florida Trips Between Miami and Orlando Will Cost About $143
- Teen Girl Asks Cop If She Can Keep a Little Bit of the Pot He Found on Her