It is Election Day! It's like Christmas morning for political junkies, except they have to wait until nighttime to open their gifts of exit polling and voter breakdown, but there's nothing like a bit of present-shaking and guesstimation.
It is almost eerie how no one is calling it for McCain. He's pretty much DOA, but he still has a decent chance in Florida.
Barack Obama Versus John McCain in Florida:
- Real Clear Politics: Still a tossup, but Obama has a 1.8 percent lead.
- 538: Obama has a 1.2 percent advantage in their number-crunching.
- Karl Rove is calling it for Obama too. A few people are holding off and saying it might go to McCain, but the advantage Obama has in early voting might be difficult to overcome. Thanks, Charlie.
- The Diaz-Balart races could really go either way. It will depend on who actually shows up at the polls, and if enough people who are only showing up to vote for Obama take time to vote a straight ticket down the ballot. I wouldn't be surprised either way.
- That said, a lot of people like Joe Garcia's chances.
- Sorry, Annette Taddeo, but everyone is pretty sure Ileana Ros-Lehtinen is going to pull this out.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.