Joaquin Serrapio, Miami Man Who Threatened to Kill Obama, Loves Ron Paul, Racism and Journey Covers
Joaquin Amador Serrapio Jr., the Miami man arrested for making online threats to kill President Barack Obama while he spoke at the University of Miami last week, has a large internet footprint. Serrapio went by the stage name of "Jay Valor" online, and fronted a local bar band known as the Jay Valor Band. On his Jay Valor Twitter account he made several disturbing Tweets in which he freely used the n-word, professed his love for Abraham Lincoln's assassin John Wilkes Boothe, and challenged the Secret Service to arrest him.
"Who wants to help me assassinate Obummer while hes at UM this week?" wrote on Facebook last week two days before the President spoke in Miami.
"If anyones going to UM to see obama today, get ur phones out an record. Cause at any moment im gonna put a bullet through his head and u don't wanna miss that! Youtube!" he posted the morning before Obama's speech.
The status updates caught the eye of the Secret Service. They searched his South Miami home and found two airsoft Pellet guns. Though, they also found text message on his phone in which he wrote "I know i can b killed by this communist administration and im challenging them. Lets see what those mother--ckers got. "Hell yeah im a boss an the secret service will find that out soon."
But Facebook updates and text messages weren't the only disturbing things Serrapio wrote. Here's select Tweets from his @Jay_Valor Twitter account.
- Secret service where u at! I threatened ur precious tyrant! Ull b sorry u didnt come lookong for me in a couple of hours ;)
- Why can't all girls be white? :(
- Sucks that theres noo genuine churches in miami! :( why are ppl such haters and hypocrytes
- Ron Paul 2012! Cmon guys this might be the only chance for us to get this right!
- Martin Luther King day: the day where black people forget it was a white man that abolished slavery.
- Ted Nugent needs to be president or at least be vice president to Ron Paul lol hes such a badass.
- Ron Paul 2012 babyy
- Last time i got chased by monkeys like this i yelled the N word at a martin luther king festival.
- "If we wanted a nigger who would just practice his golf game and not do his job we might as well elected Tiger Fucking Woods and not Obama."
- If your not voting for Ron paul next election, I suggest you do this country a favor and not vote at all.
- Who wants to go out and hang some yankees with me? Lets put some south in their mouth
- Obama, how does it feel knowing assassination is the only thing that can better your presidency?
Serrapio's Facebook, which used the Jay Valor name but includes his real name in the URL, is semi-protected, but Serrapio liked several pages associated with Conservative concerns, including fan pages for Glen Beck, Bill O'Rielly, Sarah Palin and Mike Huckabee, but had recently begun to like more pages associated with Ron Paul and libertarian causes.
If you're wondering why Serrapio uses the "Jay Valor" name its because he fronts a local bar band called the Jay Valor Band. Here's the group doing a cover of Journey's "Don't Stop Believing".
Serrapio has pleaded not guilty and will next appear in Federal Court on March 9th.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Bill Advances That Would Ban Red Light Cameras in Florida
Wed., Feb. 10, 7:30pm
Thu., Feb. 11, 7:00pm
Fri., Feb. 12, 7:30pm
Sat., Feb. 13, 6:00pm
- Facebook Killer Derek Medina Gets Life in Prison, Vows to Sue Entire World
- Marco Rubio's Friend Didn't Know About Gay Porn House, Site's Owner Says