Jason Taylor's Jets Flirtation Just a Stunt?
Everyone is either still scratching their heads or wringing their hands over Jason Taylor's meeting with the New York Jets -- the same team he hates, like any good Dolphin, so very, very much. The New York Post thinks that it could just be a ploy to get a better deal with the Dolphins by stirring up fan outrage, because Parcells has apparently been ignoring Taylor (Bad Parcells, bad. Besides, who else do you have to play that position?). However, Taylor's agent claims that's not the situation at all. Meanwhile, one of the Jets most iconic fans, Fireman Ed, calls Taylor a "meathead" and doesn't want him playing for his team. Though, Ed has an even worse theory to offer: Taylor is just using the Jets as leverage --not to sign with the Dolphins, but to head to the Patriots. [NYPost | NYDN | SunSent]
- The playoff-bound Miami Heat beat the Philadelphia 76ers 99-95 in a messy win, but who cares how it got done when it was their ninth in a row? [Herald]
- More and more NFL teams are showing interest in Tim Tebow, including Bernie Kosar's Cleveland Browns and the Philadelphia Eagles. [PBPost]
- Despite the murder of Kendall Berry, FIU went ahead with its annual Blue & Gold game. [Herald]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Twenty-Five Reasons We Are Thankful For The Miami Heat
- NBA Features 786 on Heat's Area Code Gear, Not 305
- Three of America's Worst Traffic Bottlenecks Are in Miami