Jacory Harris Testifies in Former Principal's Trial
The trial of former Northwestern High principal Dwight Bernard for alleging covering up an on-campus statutory rape committed by a football player continues, and the Hurricanes star quarterback Jacory Harris was brought in to testify. Harris attended Northwestern and played with Antwain Easterling, the player Bernard was covering up for.
"When he first came in he told us that he really isn't a football fan, and he really worries about his academics," he told the courts.
Harris and seven other Northwestern players were recruited by the Hurricanes in 2008. [CBS4]
- The FIU researcher bitten by a shark is expected to fully recover. [WSVN]
- The family of 17-year-old William Howard Alexander III is begging for help to find their son's killer. "I got home and received a phone call that my son was just killed, that he was shot and killed. And my God, for what, for what? He was just going to get me something to eat," said his father. [CBS4]
- The city of Miami's curfew on teens will begin this Saturday. [WSVN]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Chiquitica, Dog Who Sailed From Cuba Last Month, Hit by Car
- "Clean Energy Advocate" Carlos Curbelo Supports More Oil Drilling
- Majority of Floridians Support Legalized Pot, but 83 Percent Say They Wouldn't Use It...