Huizenga's Son Gets Two Years in Jail for Drunk Boating Incident
H. Wayne Huizenga built his billions from the ground up and eventually owned the Marlins, the Dolphins, and the Panthers. His son, Robert Ray Huizenga, didn't seem to inherit much of Daddy's ambition and was content to do things such as get drunk and boat all day. Now the younger Huizenga will spend two years in jail.
Huizenga, 47, was previously serving probation for a 2003 drunk-driving incident that injured a pedestrian, when he was found three sheets to the wind while driving a boat last year. He had docked at a random house, which he thought was his own. The homeowner called police, thinking he was about to be burglarized. Huizenga was charged with boating under the influence. This is Huizenga's fourth drinking-and-driving infraction. What a waste, and we thought his dad knew how to manage that. [CBS4]
- Ex-Northwestern High principal Dwight Bernard was found not guilty of covering up a sex scandal at his school. The pope might want to call his lawyers. [CBS4]
- ICE rounded up 48 illegal immigrants in Miami-Dade, three of whom were wanted for murder. [NBCMiami]
- A home at 274th Street and 156th Avenue caught fire, sending flames more than 50 feet in the air. Thankfully, firefighters saved two dogs that were caught inside. [WSVN]
- A lady got stabbed in the neck in South Beach. [CBS4]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Michael Pizzi Back in As Mayor of Miami Lakes After Wayne Slaton Steps Down
Fri., May 1, 6:35 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 1 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 5:35 p.m.
Sun., May 3, 1:05 p.m.
- Car Insurance in Miami-Dade Is 54 Percent More Expensive Than the Rest of Florida
- Marco Rubio: Gay Marriage Civil Rights Cases Are "Ridiculous and Absurd"