HIV Rate Increases in Florida as AIDS-Related Deaths Decline
The Herald has done a pretty good job of outlining the results of Man Up: The Crisis of HIV/AIDS Among Florida's Men, by the Florida Department of Health, but the numbers are pretty shocking and worth repeating. And yeah, if you haven't been tested lately, maybe you make an appointment.
- 1 out of every 123 adult men in Florida are HIV+.
- 90,000 Floridians are living with HIV/AIDS, and 72% of those are male.
- 1 in every 60 non-Hispanice white men.
- 1 in every 98 Hispanic men.
- 1 in every 29 African-American men.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.