HIV Rate Increases in Florida as AIDS-Related Deaths Decline
The Herald has done a pretty good job of outlining the results of Man Up: The Crisis of HIV/AIDS Among Florida's Men, by the Florida Department of Health, but the numbers are pretty shocking and worth repeating. And yeah, if you haven't been tested lately, maybe you make an appointment.
- 1 out of every 123 adult men in Florida are HIV+.
- 90,000 Floridians are living with HIV/AIDS, and 72% of those are male.
- 1 in every 60 non-Hispanice white men.
- 1 in every 98 Hispanic men.
- 1 in every 29 African-American men.
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Trio Who Stole 150 Pigeons From Kendale Lakes Farm Sought By Police
Tue., May 26, 6:35 p.m.
Wed., May 27, 6:35 p.m.
Thu., May 28, 6:35 p.m.
Fri., May 29, 1 p.m.
- All Aboard Florida Trips Between Miami and Orlando Will Cost About $143
- Teen Girl Asks Cop If She Can Keep a Little Bit of the Pot He Found on Her