Hey, Here's Another Poll: McCollum Still Leading
Ron Sachs Communication commissioned Mason-Dixon to do another one of those polls y'all love. Nothing all that exciting, so let's deal it out down and dirty:
- Gov: Bill McCollum is still leading Alex Sink 41%-35%. At this point, the advantage might be owed to the fact that McCollum, thanks to his three previous statewide campaigns, has 87% name recognition compared to Sink's 61%. 24% remain undecided.
- McCollum also makes quick work of his possible primary rival, state Sen. Paula Dockery. In a Republican primary, he'd crush her 53% to just 4%. But less than a quarter of Republican voters have ever heard of Dockery.
- If Dockery somehow made it to the big dance, she'd be trailing Sink in a 43% to 18% divide.
- The attorney general primaries remain pretty cold. On the Dem side, Dan Gelber has a statistically irrelevant lead over Dave Aronberg: 11%-10%. If former gubernatorial contender Rod Smith entered the fray, he'd capture 13%. Chalk it up to name recognition?
- On the GOP side, Lt. Gov. Jeff Kottkamp is leading law professor Jim Lewis 13% to 9%. Is it just me, or is 13% a pretty lowly number for an incumbent against a political unknown?
- In the CFO GOP primary race, former Senate President Jeff Atwater leads Rep. Pat Patterson 17% to 10%.
- The Dems, meanwhile, still have no major candidates running for CFO. Last time we checked, Miami Mayor Manny Diaz and Annette Taddeo are reportedly "in the mix," as they say.
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.