Florida Woman Arrested for Extorting Married Man She Met on "Sugar Daddy" Website
A 56-year-old married Las Vegas man only identified as "H.T." decided to add some spice to his life, so he paid for a membership to SugarDaddyForMe.com and began talking to who he thought was a hot, blonde, 21-year-old Florida co-ed. Instead his online fling was actually with Stephanie Starling, a 26-year-old brunette, who later would try to extort him for money.
According to The Smoking Gun, Starling and H.T. began talking in September or October. Starling, however, was using pictures of a blond pornographic artist she had easily found online. Apparently that was good enough for H.T., and he soon sent her $7,000 to help cover school costs. The relationship basically consisted of trading nude pictures with each others. H.T.'s were real. Starling's were not.
After a few months, however, H.T. decided to stop sending Starling money. Starling went berserk. She threatened to send his n00dz to his family and employer. H.T. promptly sent another $1,200, and Starling promised she'd never bother him again.
Three weeks later Starling again demanded more money. This time she had thoroughly researched H.T.'s life online and confronted him with pictures of his wife, home and workplace. She continued to threaten to expose his online shenanigans and made physical threats.
"I'll kill you," she texted. "And your family."
"I will kill your grandchildren," she wrote in another, followed by, "Send the money and ill leave you alone."
H.T. decided to contact the FBI. They were able to trace the threats to Starling's Jacksonville home, and she quickly confessed on Monday. She produced a four-page handwritten confession in which she repeatedly apologized and said she didn't want to go to jail and just wanted to go home to her young son. Though, Starling also admitted to using the pictures to get money from other men.
She could now face up to 20 years in prison.
Here are a few tips for aspiring H.T.'s looking to find some long distance Sugar Daddy loving:
- Learn how to use Google Image Search's reverse image search. It is your friend.
- Have you heard of Skype? Or at least the basic technology of asking your little e-friend to take a picture with a handwritten sign to confirm that they are who they say they are?
- Never send nude pictures that include your face or other obviously identifying features. That's Dick Pic Safety 101.
- Never use your real name. Set up a fake e-mail account. And if you're going to send money only do it in cash and in person.
- But most of all: just don't.
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Fourth Man Pleads Guilty in Sean Taylor Murder, Sentenced to 30 Years
- Miami's Traffic Has Gotten Worse in the Past Year, Still Seventh-Worst in U.S.
- Killian High Stabbing Suspect Sued Former School Over Football Player Rape Allegations
- After Toxic Cleanup, Runaway Equipment Spoils Merrie Christmas Park Reopening