Florida Man Selling His Entire Life on eBay
This is not your beautiful house. This is not your videogame business. These are not your beautiful cars. But they could be.
Shane Butcher, a 29-year-old Tampa Bay man, is selling what basically amounts to his entire life and all of his possessions on eBay for the low, low price of just $3.5 million. He claims he's literally selling the "American dream."
Pretty much everything in his life is included in the sale, except for his dog, wife, and kids.
- Three R.U. Game? videogame stores in Tampa, Brandon, and Gainesville, as well as their webstore.
- A two-bedroom townhouse on Tampa Bay.
- A 2009 Honda Accord
- A 2006 Honda Element
- A 2006 Lotus Elise
- Not one, not two, but three kayaks!
- A one-bedroom rental condo
- The contents of the homes including electronics, appliances, and furniture. Butcher and his family will keep only their clothes, family photos, and a few personal keepsakes.
"If you build a castle, it's awesome to sell it and then start building another one, hopefully bigger and better," he tells ABC News.
The eBay listing is not an auction, but rather a classified ad. So the first person to pony up the $3.5 mil gets it.
You must be thinking, Well, perhaps his business is on the verge of collapse. Something seems fishy.
"Big corporations will buy out other corporations that are in trouble for hundreds of millions," Butcher says. "I don't see why someone wouldn't want to buy a business that's doing well."
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.