FBI Probes Miami Undercover Police Unit for Stealing Drugs and Money
The FBI is investigating at least one member of the Miami Police Department's undercover squad. One or more members is alleged to have stolen money and drugs from dealers. Mayor Tomés Regalado is aware of the investigation but doesn't have details. Police Chief Miguel Exposito says the department is conducting its own internal probe.
The department's own investigation centers on one officer, who has been placed on leave without pay. [Herald]
- Two men have been charged in connection with this week's ghastly horse slaughter, but at this point haven't actually been charged with the death of the horse. [CBS4]
- This is my worst nightmare: A couple in Southwest Miami-Dade had their laptop stolen out of their car in a Best Buy parking lot. But the suspect might have been caught on surveillance camera. [WSVN]
- An FAU student who went missing ten days ago has been found in a Miami hospital with 50 percent of his body covered in burns. [CBS4]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Michael Pizzi Back in As Mayor of Miami Lakes After Wayne Slaton Steps Down
Fri., May 1, 6:35 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 1 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 5:35 p.m.
Sun., May 3, 1:05 p.m.
- Car Insurance in Miami-Dade Is 54 Percent More Expensive Than the Rest of Florida
- Marco Rubio: Gay Marriage Civil Rights Cases Are "Ridiculous and Absurd"