FBI Probes Miami Undercover Police Unit for Stealing Drugs and Money
The FBI is investigating at least one member of the Miami Police Department's undercover squad. One or more members is alleged to have stolen money and drugs from dealers. Mayor Tomés Regalado is aware of the investigation but doesn't have details. Police Chief Miguel Exposito says the department is conducting its own internal probe.
The department's own investigation centers on one officer, who has been placed on leave without pay. [Herald]
- Two men have been charged in connection with this week's ghastly horse slaughter, but at this point haven't actually been charged with the death of the horse. [CBS4]
- This is my worst nightmare: A couple in Southwest Miami-Dade had their laptop stolen out of their car in a Best Buy parking lot. But the suspect might have been caught on surveillance camera. [WSVN]
- An FAU student who went missing ten days ago has been found in a Miami hospital with 50 percent of his body covered in burns. [CBS4]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Facebook Killer Derek Medina Found Guilty
- St. Louis Rams Player Stedman Bailey Expected to Survive After Drive-By Shooting in...
- With Beckham's Little Havana Stadium Just About Dead, Overtown Could Be Next