Facebook Chart Shows How Depressing It Was to Be a Dolphins Fan This Season
Forget cheering in the stands. If you really want to get a hold on a football team's fandom's true feelings you might be better off checking their Facebook posts. In fact, Facebook has done just that. They tracked fans (identified as people who liked a team's official page on Facebook) sentiment about their teams throughout the season by analyzing the amount of positive and negative words in team-related posts.
For Dolphins fans this was a roller coaster of a season.
For most teams their sentiment jives pretty well with how the team is doing on the field, but this Fins season will be remember more for locker room problems as much as for actual games. So we've gone ahead and edited in the date "Incognito-gate" hit the headlines as well as Jeff Ireland's post-season departure.
A couple of notes
- Fins fans went into the season really excited. Like, really, really excited. Certainly more so than any other team in the AFC East.
- That, of course, leveled off during that first four-game losing streak.
- It appears Icnogntio-gate gave fans a boost at first, as they possibly rallied around the team, but that sentiment soon settled into the most negative sentiment fans had about the team all season.
- That dramatic win over San Diego certainly gave fans a much needed boost.
- Unsurprisingly, fans did seem pretty happy once general manager Jeff Ireland left the team.
Florida Launch vs. Atlanta Blaze
TicketsSat., Jun. 17, 7:00pm
NPC Southern States Bikini, Figure, Men's Physique
TicketsFri., Jul. 7, 6:00pm
NPC Southern States Bodybuilding Championships vs. NPC Southern States Fitness & Figure Championships
TicketsSat., Jul. 8, 6:00pm
Florida Launch vs. Chesapeake Bayhawks
TicketsSat., Jul. 15, 7:00pm
To read more about the data and find graphs for all 32 teams, check out the original Facebook post.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.