Ex-Principal Heads to Trial for Covering up Statutory Rape in Bathroom
Three years ago, former Miami Northwestern Senior High principal Dwight Bernard was indicted for allegedly covering up sex that happened in a school bathroom between an 18-year-old football star and a 14-year-old girl. Now he's headed to trial.
- 23-year-old Ulysses Bouie is expected to recover quickly after being shot by a police officer. Bouie was drunk and involved in a knife fight. Though his family claims he was unarmed when he approached an officer, police say he physically threatened the female officer. [WSVN]
- A mother who beat her 3-year-old son to death 20 years ago on Miami Beach will get a new trial. The trial had been delayed for eight years but is expected to begin May 10. [CBS4]
- A mother and her child are recovering after their SUV crashed yesterday. [WSVN]
- A grandmother who left her grandchild in a hot car, leading to the tot's death, cut a plea deal. Instead of serving 30 years in prison, she'll get five years of probation. [JustNews]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Marco Rubio: Gay Marriage Civil Rights Cases Are "Ridiculous and Absurd"
Fri., May 1, 6:35 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 1 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 5:35 p.m.
Sun., May 3, 1:05 p.m.
- Dolphins Are Probably Trying To Trade Draft Bust Dion Jordan
- Miami Beach Police Stop Horrific Rape Attempt on Septuagenarian Woman