Ex-Michigan QB Tate Forcier Won't Transfer to Miami After All
The Miami Hurricanes didn't scoop up much quarterback talent in their 2011 draft class, but seemed to be making up for it in transfer. Back in February, Tate Foricer announced he was transferring from Michigan to Miami, but now ESPN is reporting that Forcier won't be joining the team after all.
ESPN says Forcier hasn't been on campus since the transfer was announced in February, and now won't transfer due to unspecified personal reasons.
Forcier was a promising four star recruit from a family of promising QB talent when Michigan snagged him up, but injuries hampered his progress with the Wolverines.
"There is so much positive energy around this program, and I really want to be a part of it," Forcier has said at the time. "I love these coaches and feel like they are the right guys for me. I had a great visit and I really want to be a part of the rebirth at Miami."
It's unclear what Forcier's next step will be.
As for the 'Canes, they have one more year with Jacory Harris, and Stephen Morris still has three years of eligibility.
Ryan Williams, formerly with the Memphis Tigers, also announced his transfer to the Hurricanes earlier this month.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.