Ethics Commission Fines South Dade Activists For Failing To Report Payments From Developers
- Found no probable cause that North Miami City Councilman Michael Blynn violated city law when he used his city-issued credit card to buy an airline ticket for his wife to go with him on a trip involving city business. Blynn immidiately repaid the card.
- Dismissed a complaint against Miami Commissioner Marc Sarnoff because it was not legally sufficient.
- Ok'd Miami Beach Commissioner Jerry Libbin's new job as president and executive director of the Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce as long as he abstains from voting on matters that impact the chamber.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- The First Speaker of the House From Florida? Rep. Dan Webster Considered Dark Horse...
Thu., Oct. 15, 7:00pm
Thu., Oct. 15, 7:30pm
Sat., Oct. 17, 12:00am
Sat., Oct. 17, 10:00am
- Local Entrepreneurs Create New, College-Only Social Network
- ACLU at 50 Names Its Dozen Most Significant Cases for New Times