Election Coverage Around the Voice
Want a broader perspective of what's happening across the nation with the general election? Well, our 14 sister papers are doing plenty of their own coverage as well. Here are some of the highlights:
- Westword tries to find problems at the polls but encounters nothing but smooth sailin'. Also, sad puppies and kitties make for good campaign material.
- In San Francisco, arguably the most liberal city in America -- nay, the world -- SF Weekly finds the city's lone McCain supporter.
- Houston Press reports things were ablaze at one polling center in the city's Third Ward, a poor black neighborhood. Well, it was more like smoke was coming out of a voting machine. Let the conspiracy theories fly!
- The sole Krispy Kreme location left in Miami is on NE 167th Street, and they are handing out I Voted doughnuts! Dallas Observer does the taste testing. Also, if you are wondering what George W. Bush is going to do with all that extra time -- er, yeah, we don't care either.
- Talk about your exit poll! Check out this sweet way of voting with your used piece of chewing gum courtesy of Riverfront Times.
- Over at LA Weekly, Justin Warfield of She Wants Revenge guest-blogs on the election. How indie electro-rock of him!
- City Pages reports no lines at the polls in Minneapolis this afternoon. Big contrast from the enormous lines this morning.
- Nashville Scene has some things you should look out for during tonight's election results.
- Seattle Weekly rebuffs the idea from the big news networks that Obama will have something to prove unless he wins by a landslide.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Residents Vow to Continue Fighting Midtown Walmart After Losing Court Appeal
Fri., Sep. 4, 11:30am
Fri., Sep. 4, 6:35pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 11:30am
Sat., Sep. 5, 7:00pm
- Hola, Hurricane Fred: Erika Fizzled, but There's Already Another Atlantic Storm
- Flight Records Reveal MDPD Has an Unmarked Cessna Used for Surveillance