Dwyane Wade's Sitcom Needs a Less Porny Sounding Name
Cultist pointed out that Miami Heat star Dwyane Wade has sold a sitcom to Fox based on his memoirs of fatherhood. It's a simple family show slated to be titled Three The Hard Way -- which if you aren't aware, is not only the name of a seminal '70s blaxplotation action flick, but also the name of more than a few porn scenes and movies. Something about it is just a little bit off for a family sitcom, y'know?
Here's the synopsis of the show:
Wade and "his entourage of eccentric friends, find themselves parenting by committee, when he gets full custody of his two young sons. It's a recipe made for disaster, but no matter how misinformed, misguided, or unfit Team Wade may be, they have a trump card that can't lose. It's called love."
Maybe we can do a little bit better in the title department?
- The Wade-y Bunch
- Home Court Advantage
- D. Wade Knows Best
- Three's Family
- Two Boys, an NBA Star, and a Pizza Place
- Way of Wade (Makes more sense as a sitcom name than a nickname)
- I Wish I Never Met Your Mother
- Black Full House With 2 Boys Instead of 3 Girls
Then again, a name open to innuendo never seemed to affect Diff'rent Strokes.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Bill Advances That Would Ban Red Light Cameras in Florida
Wed., Feb. 10, 7:30pm
Thu., Feb. 11, 7:00pm
Fri., Feb. 12, 7:30pm
Sat., Feb. 13, 6:00pm
- Facebook Killer Derek Medina Gets Life in Prison, Vows to Sue Entire World
- Marco Rubio's Friend Didn't Know About Gay Porn House, Site's Owner Says