Drunk Dad Ronald Devers Tries to Pick up Toddler Left on Bus
Yesterday, Gayle Kelson purposefully seemed to leave her 2-year-old daughter on a city bus and faces a charge of child neglect. The girl was taken into protective custody, but her father showed up to get her. The only problem: He was drunk.
Ronald Devers showed up to court slurring his words and wearing a Barack Obama T-shirt.
"I know I am very much so fit to take care of this child," Devers said. "I wasn't drunk. I am just emotional."
The judge decided that the child and her 7-year-old sibling will stay in the care of the Department of Children and Family. Devers will have to take a drug and alcohol test before he can see his daughter. [NBCMiami]
- Tar balls have been found off Pensacola. Testing is underway to determine if they're from the BP oil disaster. [CBS4]
- The fire that engulfed a Florida City church has been deemed arson. [WSVN]
- The rabbi, his wife, and their eight kids who lost their home to fire have been given a new home by an anonymous donor. [WSVN]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Bill Advances That Would Ban Red Light Cameras in Florida
Wed., Feb. 10, 7:30pm
Thu., Feb. 11, 7:00pm
Fri., Feb. 12, 7:30pm
Sat., Feb. 13, 6:00pm
- Facebook Killer Derek Medina Gets Life in Prison, Vows to Sue Entire World
- Marco Rubio's Friend Didn't Know About Gay Porn House, Site's Owner Says