Drunk Dad Ronald Devers Tries to Pick up Toddler Left on Bus
Yesterday, Gayle Kelson purposefully seemed to leave her 2-year-old daughter on a city bus and faces a charge of child neglect. The girl was taken into protective custody, but her father showed up to get her. The only problem: He was drunk.
Ronald Devers showed up to court slurring his words and wearing a Barack Obama T-shirt.
"I know I am very much so fit to take care of this child," Devers said. "I wasn't drunk. I am just emotional."
The judge decided that the child and her 7-year-old sibling will stay in the care of the Department of Children and Family. Devers will have to take a drug and alcohol test before he can see his daughter. [NBCMiami]
- Tar balls have been found off Pensacola. Testing is underway to determine if they're from the BP oil disaster. [CBS4]
- The fire that engulfed a Florida City church has been deemed arson. [WSVN]
- The rabbi, his wife, and their eight kids who lost their home to fire have been given a new home by an anonymous donor. [WSVN]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Comcast Is Bringing Internet Data Caps to South Florida
Fri., Sep. 4, 11:30am
Fri., Sep. 4, 6:35pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 11:30am
Sat., Sep. 5, 7:00pm
- Fortress-Like Art Museum to Be Approved for Biscayne Boulevard
- Jeb Bush Reminds World the Only Thing "Conservative" About Donald Trump Is His Fear of...