In today's roundup of crimes and various horrible things: a delivery man is held hostage in his own truck, two men hold up a 7-Eleven (no Slurpees were harmed), pipes burst, moms cry, and water is contaminated.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
- A hostage situation played out yesterday morning in the parking lot of the Walgreen's on 200 SW 13th St. A man forced a delivery truck driver into the back of his own refrigerated truck, stole his wallet, and then drove off before abandoning the man and the truck. [NBCMiami]
- On July 4, two men held up the 7-Eleven on Biscayne Boulevard at NE 118th Street and made off with some cash. [WSVN]
- A burst water pipe caused flooding and damage to a North Miami apartment complex. [WSVN]
- An apartment in Hialeah somehow hijacked the address of an insurance company in Jacksonville in a scheme to possibly steal payments. [NBCMiami]
- High levels of pollutants have been found in the water near the Falls mall, so the health department has told residents to avoid drinking, swimming, or bathing in it. [CBS4]
- The mother of the 4-year-old boy who accidentally shot himself speaks to the media: "I know he's in a better place, so I know he's not suffering. I just have to get through this part." [WSVN]