Derek Medina, Facebook Wife Killer, Once Wrote Odd Self-Help Book Titled "How I Saved Someone's Life and Marriage..."
Derek Medina, the South Miami man who ended his marriage and his wife's life this morning and then posted photos of her dead body on Facebook, once wrote an e-book titled How I Saved Someone's Life and Marriage and Family Problems Thru Communication.
Medina was a prolific publisher of self-help e-books and maintained a website at EmotionalWriter.com. The cover of his latest book, World Just Ask Yourself Why We Are Living a Life Full of Lies and How I an Emotional Writer Made All of My Professional Dreams Come True Blocking Society's Teachings,
is currently his Facebook default photo. Update: Facebook has removed Medina's entire page.
"I gave 6 months of working on 6 books of guidance and self help to saving people's lives and relating to problems we must over come as one world one nation one country 'give me the opportunity to touch your spirit' give me a chance to change your world or make you understand the world we live in 'these 6 books will change your world in seconds, days, months, years,'" Medina wrote on his site.
The e-books are available through the website e-Junkie and retail for $9.99 to $11.99 each. At least one is available in paperback for $19.99
The books mostly have long, bizarre titles:
- How I Saved Someone's Life and Marriage and Family Problems Thru Communication
- Humans Who Are Gifted and Can See the Supernatural Spirit Ghost World We Live in Called Ghost Haunted Adventures
- How a Judgmental and Selfish Attitude Is Destroying the World We Live in Because the World Is Vanishing Beneath Our Eyes
- Attention World Save Yourself
- World Just Ask Yourself Why We Are Living a Life Full of Lies and How I an Emotional Writer Made All of My Professional Dreams Come True Blocking Society's Teachings
- If the World Ended Today How Would You React to Saving the World or Helping the World or Would It All Be Over for You
In a summary of one book, Medina claims he can hunt ghosts and once saved his wife from a ghost attack while they were in New York.
"The author can relate to the world of victims who have been attacked by evil spirits," the summary states.
Another summary indicates Medina had "experiences with aliens, UFOs," and breaks down "his comparison of humans and aliens."
"Why are we not acting on working to create Technology for a time travel machine?" he asks in another summary. "Why cant we build this for the world for an evacuation emergency plan?"
Other books talk about the end times, the destruction of the world, and the corruption of the court system.
Internet trolls have already found his book about marriage on Barnes & Noble's site.
"What a fantastic book. My wife was rustling my jimmies but I didn't want to get a divorce. Instead, I read this book and shot her in the face," wrote one in the review section.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Florida Might Remove Confederate Flag From State Senate Seal
Thu., Oct. 15, 7:00pm
Thu., Oct. 15, 7:30pm
Sat., Oct. 17, 12:00am
Sat., Oct. 17, 10:00am
- First Speaker of the House From Florida? Rep. Dan Webster Considered Dark-Horse Candidate
- Local Entrepreneurs Create New, College-Only Social Network