Dan Marino Had a Love Child With Fellow CBS Employee in 2005, Report Claims
Dan Marino has a seven-year-old love child. The Dolphins legend and CBS football analyst had an affair with a production assistant in Manhattan back in 2005, according to the New York Post.
Marino, a mild-mannered family man with the personality of an egg timer, has apparently admitted to the affair.
- Chasing Danny: Is Dan Marino a stoic swaddled in hype or a frigid sports celebrity?
According to the Post, Marino and the mother, then-35-year-old Donna Savattere, agreed to keep the affair secret even as the quarterback was paying her millions in child support.
Marino and his wife of 20 years have six kids.
"This is a personal and private matter. I take full responsibility both personally and financially for my actions now as I did then," Marino told The Post. "We mutually agreed to keep our arrangement private to protect all parties involved."
The revelation comes at an awkward time for Marino, who is set to co-host this Sunday's Super Bowl broadcast.
Added to Ray Lewis allegedly snorting deer antler juice and 49er Chris Culliver's homophobic rant earlier this week, Marino's affair ensures that we'll feel slightly dirty no matter what happens on Super Sunday.
Follow Miami New Times on Facebook and Twitter @MiamiNewTimes. Follow this journalist on Twitter @MikeMillerMiami.
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Poll: Floridians Chill With Gay Marriage, Almost Ready for Medical Marijuana
- Miami-Dade Gained 21,000 New Residents Last Year, but Broward and Palm Beach Are...
- Artist Posts Flyers Around Wynwood For "Lost Art," but Gallery Says He's Full Of It
- Miami Skyline Featured on Jacksonville Jaguars' Draft Hat