Connie Mack Won't Take Senate Gig, But Clay Shaw Jr. Will
The Florida Political blogosphere has exploded with Mel Martinez Madness, and the main symptom is wildly wondering who will replace him. We already put in our two cents, but here's the latest updates.
- Charlie Crist further confirms he won't appoint himself, but will have someone picked out by the time the Senate returns from its August recess. Though he has no favored candidates yet. [PoliPulse]
- Former Sen. Connie Mack says Crist asked him if he'd take the job, but he has no interest in it. He retired from the Senate once, so why go back? [Buzz]
- Former Ft. Lauderdale are congressman Clay Shaw Jr. said he would be honored if he was asked. Yeah, I would too. Infact, if I was over 30 I'd make some hilarious joke post about it. Predictably points to the first over-30 columnist/blogger who does. [Buzz]
- There's some idle speculation that Crist might appoint his former chief-of-staff George Lemieux. He can join Sen. Kaufman in the former Chief-of-staff's serving as place holders club. [SunSent]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Trio Who Stole 150 Pigeons From Kendale Lakes Farm Sought By Police
Tue., May 26, 6:35 p.m.
Wed., May 27, 6:35 p.m.
Thu., May 28, 6:35 p.m.
Fri., May 29, 1 p.m.
- All Aboard Florida Trips Between Miami and Orlando Will Cost About $143
- Teen Girl Asks Cop If She Can Keep a Little Bit of the Pot He Found on Her