Connie Mack Won't Take Senate Gig, But Clay Shaw Jr. Will
The Florida Political blogosphere has exploded with Mel Martinez Madness, and the main symptom is wildly wondering who will replace him. We already put in our two cents, but here's the latest updates.
- Charlie Crist further confirms he won't appoint himself, but will have someone picked out by the time the Senate returns from its August recess. Though he has no favored candidates yet. [PoliPulse]
- Former Sen. Connie Mack says Crist asked him if he'd take the job, but he has no interest in it. He retired from the Senate once, so why go back? [Buzz]
- Former Ft. Lauderdale are congressman Clay Shaw Jr. said he would be honored if he was asked. Yeah, I would too. Infact, if I was over 30 I'd make some hilarious joke post about it. Predictably points to the first over-30 columnist/blogger who does. [Buzz]
- There's some idle speculation that Crist might appoint his former chief-of-staff George Lemieux. He can join Sen. Kaufman in the former Chief-of-staff's serving as place holders club. [SunSent]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Bill Advances That Would Ban Red Light Cameras in Florida
Fri., Feb. 12, 7:30pm
Sat., Feb. 13, 6:00pm
Sat., Feb. 13, 7:00pm
Mon., Feb. 15, 7:30pm
- Facebook Killer Derek Medina Gets Life in Prison, Vows to Sue Entire World
- Marco Rubio's Friend Didn't Know About Gay Porn House, Site's Owner Says