Chicago Bulls Have A Hollering Advantage Over the Miami Heat
We'd like to know when dunking a basketball became the equivalent of standing guard at the gates of Thermopylae against one million of Xerxes Persian soldiers? Yet the louder a player yells, the more likely his team is to show more hustle and moxie. If that is the case, then we're sorry Heat fans, but it doesn't look good. Miami has only one player worthy enough of being part of the NBA's screaming starting five, while Chicago has three:
1. Chris Bosh, AKA the Bostich, is the only Heat player who knows how to give us a great O-Face.
2. Taj Gibson, AKA Baraka from Mortal Kombat. When this dude dunked all over Heat Guard Dwayne Wade in Game 1, we were waiting for the scoreboard at the United Center to flash "FINISH HIM!"
3. Kevin Garnett, AKA "Mr. Anything Is Possible!!!" KG perfected the "Let-Me-Yell-At-The-Top-Of-My-Lungs" move during the C's championship run in 2008.
4. Joakim Noah, AKA Jo-Scream. Every time this former Gator shows off his chompers, you can't help but wonder if he's trying to push a log through his game shorts.
Florida Launch vs. Atlanta Blaze
TicketsSat., Jun. 17, 7:00pm
NPC Southern States Bikini, Figure, Men's Physique
TicketsFri., Jul. 7, 6:00pm
NPC Southern States Bodybuilding Championships vs. NPC Southern States Fitness & Figure Championships
TicketsSat., Jul. 8, 6:00pm
Florida Launch vs. Chesapeake Bayhawks
TicketsSat., Jul. 15, 7:00pm
5. Carlos Boozer, AKA "Mike K's Wanksta." The former Duke Blue Devil is the most annoying of the NBA yellers because he so fake at it. Seriously Booz, no matter how hard you try to be, you just ain't homie.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.