Chad Johnson Strikes Plea Deal, Gets a Year of Probation
It's been a hell of a legal week for former NFL player Chad Johnson. Earlier this week, his divorce from reality TV star Evelyn Lozada became official, and this morning he struck a plea deal on charges that he head-butted her. Johnson has been sentenced to a year of probation and has been ordered to take anger management classes.
Johnson was arrested last month after Lozada reportedly found a receipt for a box of condoms in his car. The two got in an argument over the discovery, and Johnson head-butted her. Lozada took refuge at a neighbor's house and called police. Johnson was arrested on misdemeanor charges of domestic battery. Shortly after, Johnson was released from the Miami Dolphins.
Lozada was treated for her injuries at a nearby hospital.
Now, according to NBC Miami, Johnson plead no contest to the charges in Broward County Court this morning. He'll receive one-year probation and anger management classes. His probation could be reduced because he's in counseling. He will also owe Lozada an unspecified amount of money in restitution.
- Chad Johnson and Evelyn Lozada Were Officially Divorced This Morning
- Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson Released From Dolphins Following Domestic Violence Arrest
- Chad Johnson Gets Evelyn Lozada's Face Tattooed on His Leg
- Evelyn Lozada Breaks Silence: Johnson "Needs To Get Help"
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Jeb Bush on Oregon Shooting: "Stuff Happens"
Sat., Oct. 17, 12:00am
Sat., Oct. 17, 10:00am
Sat., Oct. 17, 11:00am
Sat., Oct. 17, 6:00pm
- Moshe Mana Plans Development for Wynwood With 24-Story Towers and Convention Center
- Interactive Map Reminds Us Florida Has Always Been a Land of Caribbean Immigrants