Black Friday Alternatives
Riptide does not understand this Black Friday nonsense, not one bit. We saw on the teevee news that people were camping out. What is this? Are the deals really all that much better? Personally we think the best way to spend black Friday is recovering from a hangover, but we have some other suggestions for you hear in a nice list format:
- Brush up on your modern art knowledge before Basel so you can impress that cute Parisian gallery assistant with your witty puns. "Buchheister? I barely knew her! Yuk Yuk Yuk!"
- Spend the day with your favorite gays and help them fill out adoption paperwork, and then lend a hand with converting the room that previously served as a Cher shrine into a nursery.
- Study up on the candidates in the very important upcoming property appraiser run-off election. Do you know which candidate is going to appraise property best inline with your values?
your local KKK friends as they grumble, "They've already got their damn
president, you'd think they'd stop asking for their own Friday too."
last time Yelle was in town you didn't make that polygon dog mask, did
you? And you got there and you saw all the fun people were having in
their polygon dog masks, didn't you? And you felt like a polygon dog
mask-less chump, so spend the day making the official Yelle polygon dog mask in time for Yelle's set at Art Basel! Or
better yet, make multiples and give them out as gifts, you mom will
love it (because you made it and it came from the heart, and no matter
what she says sometimes she will always love you and is proud of you
and see's alot of herself - her good points and her own failings as a
human and a parent - but she just wants you to be happy and she will
gladly wear this mask, this polygon dog mask you made with your own two
hands and glue stick as a representation of her maternal pride and love.)
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Samir Jemaaoui Jumped to Death After Killing His Wife in South Beach
Sat., Feb. 13, 6:00pm
Sat., Feb. 13, 7:00pm
Mon., Feb. 15, 7:30pm
Thu., Feb. 18, 7:30pm
- Florida LGBT Rights Bill Stalled in Senate By GOP's Bathroom Obsession
- Florida's Largest Apple Store Is Coming to Brickell City Centre