Black Friday Alternatives
Riptide does not understand this Black Friday nonsense, not one bit. We saw on the teevee news that people were camping out. What is this? Are the deals really all that much better? Personally we think the best way to spend black Friday is recovering from a hangover, but we have some other suggestions for you hear in a nice list format:
- Brush up on your modern art knowledge before Basel so you can impress that cute Parisian gallery assistant with your witty puns. "Buchheister? I barely knew her! Yuk Yuk Yuk!"
- Spend the day with your favorite gays and help them fill out adoption paperwork, and then lend a hand with converting the room that previously served as a Cher shrine into a nursery.
- Study up on the candidates in the very important upcoming property appraiser run-off election. Do you know which candidate is going to appraise property best inline with your values?
your local KKK friends as they grumble, "They've already got their damn
president, you'd think they'd stop asking for their own Friday too."
last time Yelle was in town you didn't make that polygon dog mask, did
you? And you got there and you saw all the fun people were having in
their polygon dog masks, didn't you? And you felt like a polygon dog
mask-less chump, so spend the day making the official Yelle polygon dog mask in time for Yelle's set at Art Basel! Or
better yet, make multiples and give them out as gifts, you mom will
love it (because you made it and it came from the heart, and no matter
what she says sometimes she will always love you and is proud of you
and see's alot of herself - her good points and her own failings as a
human and a parent - but she just wants you to be happy and she will
gladly wear this mask, this polygon dog mask you made with your own two
hands and glue stick as a representation of her maternal pride and love.)
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Fourth Man Pleads Guilty in Sean Taylor Murder, Sentenced to 30 Years
- Miami's Traffic Has Gotten Worse in the Past Year, Still Seventh-Worst in U.S.
- Killian High Stabbing Suspect Sued Former School Over Football Player Rape Allegations
- After Toxic Cleanup, Runaway Equipment Spoils Merrie Christmas Park Reopening