Baby Girls Dies After Dad Leaves Her in Hot Car All Day in Doral
A six-month-old baby girl died yesterday after her father forgot she was in his car, and left her there all day. The unidentified father says he dropped an older sibling off at the Doral Academy Elementary school and then went about his day. He didn't remember that the baby was strapped in a baby seat in the back of the car until he returned to pick up the other child.
According to CBS Miami, the father said it wasn't part of his regular schedule to have the child in his car. So he went on working for the rest of the day and left the child in the hot car. He didn't realize she was in the car until 5 p.m. when he picked up the other child and both discovered that the baby was unresponsive.
Temperatures yesterday hit a high of 88 degrees.
The child was transported to Miami Children's Hospital where she was pronounced dead.
No charges have been filed as of yet.
The incident is the latest in a disturbing trend in South Florida which was profiled in depth by New Times. An incident like this happens about once a week in America, but is particularly dangerous in Miami's hot temperatures.
- Babies left in hot cars: Accident or crime?
- Day-Care Death: Homestead Boy Likely Died After Being Left in Hot Van
- Three-Month-Old Baby, Forgotten by Grandmother, Left to Die in Car
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Court Rules Michael Pizzi Should Be Reinstated as Mayor of Miami Lakes
Tue., April 28, 6:35 p.m.
Thu., April 30, 6:35 p.m.
Fri., May 1, 6 p.m.
Fri., May 1, 6:35 p.m.
- 305 Is One of the Most In-Demand Area Codes in the Country
- DJ Laz Won't Face Criminal Charges Over Deadly Nixon Sandbar Boat Accident