Trains, forklifts, planes, and automobiles. Today's News Roundup has it all. In terms of stealing major amounts of cash from a bank, just straight jacking the ATM always seems like the dumbest, the messiest, and, consequently, usually the most hilarious. A Bank of America branch at 9890 Bird Rd. in Southwest Miami-Dade had its ATM snatched early this morning after a thief used a forklift to pry the machine off its foundation.
The robber or robbers stole the heavy machinery from a nearby construction site, used it to unhinge the ATM, and took off with the money machine. The forklift was left behind. Police have no suspects but are reviewing security footage. If have seen anyone running around with an ATM, call Crime Stoppers at 305-471-TIPS. [NBCMiami]
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- A dog escaped from its crate on an MIA runway and caused delays at the airport. Eventually, the dog was caught and reunited with its owner. [WSVN]
- A decorated City of Miami Police officer has been accused of road rage after allegedly stopping a woman, forcibly opening her car door, yelling at her to turn of her high-beams, and then slamming the door. [WSVN]
- Speaking of people driving with juvenile mentalities, it seems that fewer and fewer teenagers in South Florida are getting their driver's license. Who needs to drive anywhere when you can just stay home on Facebook all day, right? [CBS4]
- In yet more stupid driving news, Governor Crist singed the red-light camera bill. [CBS4]
- The 22-year-old drummer in the Miami Heat's street band has been accused of having sex with a girl between the ages of 12 and 15. [CBS4]