Around Town This Weekend: WMC's King Britt and Goldie, Non-WMC Alicia Keys
- Admit it. The last art fair you went to was almost four months ago. Get back on the horse. Go see Arteamericas, 40 galleries under one roof. It'll be like the Mall of Americas, but with paintings in place of halter tops.
- King Britt, dance music extraordinaire and one time DJ for Digable Planets, will perform at WMC's One Night Only party at Ice Palace.
- Presented along side the Women's International Film Festival, the Cannes- and BAFTA -winning Fish Tank screens at the Cinematheque this weekend.
- There are plenty of punk-y, noise-rock, anti-glowstick parties this weekend. But if you'd prefer to sidestep WMC by swimming in the mainstream, check out diva Alicia Keys at the American Airlines Arena.
- Original, jungle rudeboy Goldie will spin at the
Metalheadz vs. Bassdrive WMC party. An what better place to enjoy U.K. d'n'b then Heathrow Lounge.
When he's not writing for ArtLurker, David Rohn is one Miami's most
sought after performance artists. He'll present "In Characters" this
Saturday at a makeshift gallery in a Miami Shores backyard.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Former Hurricane Brett Romberg Calls Jonathan Martin "a Piece of Garbage"
Thu., Sep. 3, 6:35pm
Fri., Sep. 4, 11:30am
Fri., Sep. 4, 6:35pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 11:30am
- There Are a Lot More Educated Young Women in Miami Than Men (Which Is Why You're Single)
- The Sane (but Sort of Lazy) Person's Guide to Early Hurricane Preparation